On July 17, 2019 Erick Preza represented Nutec Electro Tel in the 26th Annual Richard John Evans Memorial Golf Tournament at the Belvedere Golf & Country Club in support of the Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada.
The participants enjoyed a fine day and helped raise money for a great cause!
And, there were great sponsors including Mercedes Benz Edmonton West!
Is it time to update your business telephone solution?
What choices are available?
Legacy ISDN based telephone systems are still available, but the higher line rental costs are pushing IT managers to consider broadband-based VoIP solutions that provide better value for the investment. The choice of VoIP and SIP trunking offers increased resilience and flexibility that that will allow the system to change as your business needs evolve.
Major telecom companies still provide ISDN. However, as Internet services become increasingly more robust and reliable, SIP trunking is the fast-emerging technology to support voice services.
On Premise or Hosted? That is the question.
SIP trunking is both cheaper and more flexible than ISDN, making it the sensible choice for your business. The hardest choice is actually whether to choose to maintain an IP-PBX onsite or opt for a cloud-hosted solution instead.
There are pros and cons of both hosted and on-premise solutions. There are some fundamental differences to each of the systems. The move to an IP business phone system is beneficial regardless of which system is ultimately chosen. However, knowing the differences will lead to a better VoIP phone system and a higher level of satisfaction for the all involved.
- Higher initial cost and set-up cost
- Lower monthly cost after expenses are covered
- Ability to use SIP trunks to get lower-cost calls
- Having a premise system gives user control to create, adjust and delete users as desired
- The current carrier may not have to be changed
- Server ownership reduces expenses over time
- Expansions may result in complicated projects depending upon the provider
- The technician may need to be called for upgrades and patches on software
- Loss of power or system failure will result in callers not being able to get through, which stops business operations unless you have a SIP provider
- Lower initial equipment cost and set-up cost
- Providers have more resources than users, so new feature sets are possible
- New feature installation is handled by the provider to avoid confusion
- Picking and canceling virtual numbers is easy and fast
- Moving a phone system is easy. IP phone is plugged into a broadband connection
- Patches and upgrades of the IP system are handled by the provider
- Loss of Internet or catastrophic event has no effect on operations because calls can be sent to voice mail or mobile phone. This is because of redundancy within an off-site facility that has safeguards including back up power sources
- Low monthly service cost
- Easy to add extra lines
- Upgrades and new features are included
- Extended features, like conferencing, may come with additional costs
- Connections and voice quality are a result of Internet connection
- Loss of Internet results in loss of phone service (settings can be adjusted so that it goes to voice mail or routed to a cellphone)
Considering the positives and negatives for both the hosted PBX and an on-premise IP-PBX, allows a company to determine the best phone system based upon the setup of their organization and what risks they are willing to assume. Companies will benefit from one over the other, so it is a matter of making comparisons prior to choosing which one to have installed.
To find out more about which option is best suited to your business, speak with one of our experts today.
You might want to reconsider getting a guard dog for the sole purpose of protecting your house from intruders. While dogs can certainly be beneficial in the event that someone breaks into your home, they shouldn’t be the only security system you have. Here are five reasons why you should install a security alarm instead of relying on the family dog.
Your dog may not do anything
As not all dog breeds are brave enough to stand up to an intruder, your dog might be one of many that will bark a few times before running away or hiding in a corner. If this is your only line of defense against intruders, then there’s nothing stopping them from getting everything they want and more.
Security systems are fixed to your home
What happens when your dog is out of the house at the vet, on a walk, or playing in the backyard and someone breaks in? Nothing! And your house is left vulnerable for anyone to break into. With a security alarm system that is permanently installed into your home, you don’t have to worry about it going anywhere.
The system will react to emergencies
Even though your dog will be able to alert you and surrounding neighbors to an intruder, they won’t be able to contact emergency services the moment something goes wrong. Having a monitored security system will allow the monitoring company to be notified and dispatch the proper authorities. With a guard dog, you will lose precious time by looking for your phone and calling the authorities yourself.
They can harm a non-intruder
While having a dog that’s on guard or overly protective isn’t a bad thing, you don’t want a dog that’s overly aggressive and trained to attack immediately. You’ll run the risk of them attacking you as you’re coming home from work or biting a friend that’s stopping by. Dog bites can cause a lot of physical and financial strain, especially if it happens to anyone other than the owner.
Or be harmed by an intruder
Countless dogs are injured every year because they were protecting the house from intruders. If your dog is the only line of defense between the burglar and whatever they want, they won’t think twice about getting rid of their only obstacle. Please put your dog’s safety first and install a security system!
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for a professional consultation!
On July 3, 2019 Brent Steeves represented Nutec Electro Tel in the 27th Anniversary Kevin Karius Easter Seals Celebrity Golf Classic at the Belvedere Golf and Country Club. This was a fun day out on the green in support of people with disabilities and medical conditions.
This years Easter Seals ambassador Travis on hole 15 for the celebrity classic !
On June 27, 2019, Steve Grubbe and Trevor Naish represented Nutec Electro Tel in the 6th Annual Alberta Miracles the Marriott Way Golf Tournament at the Red Tail Landing Golf Course. The Alberta Miracles the Marriott Way Golf Tournament is an annual event that raises funds for Children’s Miracle Network. These funds go directly to the Edmonton Stollery Children’s Hospital and the Alberta Children’s Hospital in Calgary.
Together $66,529 was raised for the Children’s Miracle Network. This support will truly have an impact on the children and families of the Stollery Children’s Hospital as well as the Alberta’s Children’s Hospital.
On June 21, 2019, Erick Preza represented Nutec Electro Tel in the Spencer Berezowski Memorial Golf Tournament at the River Ridge Golf Club. This great event is hosted annually by the Great Canadian Group as a benefit for the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
Congratulations to all the participants for another successful tournament!
This event raised $70,047, with over $600,000 raised to date!
On June 20, 2019, Erick Preza and Tyler Forberg represented Nutec Electro Tel in the Canalta Charity Golf Classic at the Dinosaur Trail Golf & Country Club in a benefit for the Drumheller Dragons of the Alberta Junior Hockey League.