A survey in 2012 found that 60% of burglars skip a home if it has an automated home security system. Those who entered unawares fled as soon as they realized there was a home security device installed to alert the homeowners and authorities.
Sensors and smart devices work wonders to protect your home when you’re not around. If you have children with a nanny, ailing seniors or a sick pet at home, modern technology allows you to keep an eye on them when you are not around.
Electronic home security devices discreetly monitor activity patterns and alert you to emergencies, such as health issues or burglary, before they worsen so you can take action right away. The devices collect data about regular behavioural patterns over several days and weeks and is quick to pick up any change as soon as they sense it, thanks to advanced technology. For instance, if a senior in your home leaves the bed at a certain time and has their medication at a prescribed time, the security device will alert you in the event of an unexpected delay so you can rush in and check up on them.
The tools empower you with greater control when you are away, so you enjoy greater peace of mind. If your parents live independently, you can install the devices in their home so you can keep an eye on them remotely.
Cheaper than Surveillance Cameras
- Home security systems cost less than surveillance cameras, although they are integrated with more advanced technology.
- They protect your belongings and valuables. Burglars look for expensive jewellery, cash, electronics and drugs. In the event of a break-in, you are alerted at once so you prevent your home from being ransacked. If they cut the phone line, for instance, you will be instantly alerted.
- A home security system integrates seamlessly with other electronic home security devices, such as door locks, smart lights and smart thermostats.
- You can connect the security devices to your smartphone, tablet or computer that allows you to access your home remotely from virtually anywhere in the world. Whether you are on a business trip or cruise, your home will be protected 24/7.
- Some devices have motion sensors so you are notified of emergencies at once.
- Wireless home security systems ease things when you move into a new home because they are simpler to set up. It allows you to work through your smart home app so you can do without Wi-Fi.
- There are fewer chances of experiencing loss from fire, water damage or floods because you alerted instantly. This also means fewer insurance claims.
- You can keep an eye on school children who come home before you or keep an eye on your pet when you are out running errands.
- If someone rings the doorbell, you know who it is before opening the door.
- You can put up a display sign saying there are security cameras around the one you install them to keep burglars away.
Nutec Electro Tel: Custom Designed Smart Home Security Devices for Your Home and Business
Looking to install a smart home security system or upgrade to a new, more advanced one? Please contact us to arrange a no-obligation consultation.
Digital radio is the future of radio broadcasting. More and more people are upgrading from analog to digital two-way radios, not because they are new but because they are useful. Digital radios have far clearer reception than AM/FM. There is no static, background noise and the digital signal allows for more stations with similar bandwidth.
Advantages of Digital Radios
Advanced digital radios allow vibrant image displays on built-in screens and recording facilities. Whether you are listening to weather information, global news or albums, display images keep you engaged to the radio content for longer. If you miss your favourite program, your digital radio allows you to record and play it later or even pause and play if you are interrupted by a phone call. It has enhanced the listening experience and sound technology to the next level.
Quite like digital TVs, the biggest advantage with digital radios is that the reception is either perfectly clear or not at all. What you need to purchase is a digital radio receiver or DAB+ receivers (Digital Audio Broadcasting). You will find them at electronics retailers or online stores.
Why Some Companies Prefer Analog to Digital?
While many companies have moved to fully integrated digital radio systems, there are many businesses that have chosen to stick with analog radios since they function well for small scale operations.
Digital two-way radios are lesser understood or too advanced for some, so they shy away. Another primary reason is the expensive cost that makes them unaffordable for many. It’s simply cheaper to stick with the older analog model. It’s also challenging for others to upgrade to advanced models if they are digitally challenged.
Why Should You Upgrade to Digital?
There are four main reasons to upgrade to digital radio:
- Sound quality – The sound is sharper, less distorted, and eliminates background static. So even from a distance, the sound is sharp and clear.
- Higher security – They are more secure than analog radios. You can add encryption so your two-way conversations to avoid being overheard by a third party.
- Manage calls – You can call a single contact instead of always having to call a group, giving you more control.
- Text messaging facility – Yes, you heard right. Digital radios help you send and receive messages with text messaging tools so you have more options for better communication.
What you need to choose are digital radios that operate on the same frequency as your current radio. There are new models that can operate in analog mode. If both old and new models operate in the same mode, your investment goes further.
Garnish your new digital radio with compatible accessories. Those that don’t require batteries, for example, turn out more cost-effective in the long run because you save on battery expenses.
Nutec Electro Tel
Planning the transition? Call Nutec Electro Tel. We are technology with a human touch. Budget considerations are part of our philosophy. Our advanced, state-of-the-art digital radios are offered at competitive prices. Browse through our website to see what else we have to offer.
Businesses looking for an integrated security
and surveillance solution can find a daunting range of choices.
Following are key elements to consider while selecting the security and surveillance solution that best meets your needs:
- Clarify your objectives
Why do you need a new security and surveillance system? How will it be used to benefit your business? Be specific about what better security means to you.
- Prevent loss from customer theft?
- Prevent internal loss from employee theft?
- Protect property perimeter?
- Protect production process?
This will help point to some specific hardware requirements while not deploying functionality that you don’t need.
Review your data storage
High-resolution network camera systems create a lot of data. This needs to be streamed and stored. How might this impact your existing infrastructure?
How will you measure ROI?
Security expenditures need to generate a return just like other business investments and expenses. Look at what that return looks like for your business. Accordingly, determine how much you are willing to invest based on that. Some of this may be tangible while others may be intangible. Check with your insurance provider to determine if insurance premium savings may be available.
List your priorities
With an established view of your essential features and the budget you have available, you can make an objective choice about what is a must-have versus nice-to-have.
Plan for the future
Consider your current needs and budget while taking into account the ability to adapt as your business needs change. By evaluating these factors, you can make an informed decision on which solution is a justifiable investment.
Do you have plans to open new offices? What are your annual growth projections? Will you be employing new people? Your system needs the flexibility to accommodate these changes.
For a no-obligation consultation, speak with one of our experts today:
or email email@example.com to arrange a complimentary appointment.