A slow network is frustrating to deal with and can affect your business negatively in every aspect, including employee productivity and customer service.
Some of the most common causes of a slow network include:
Lack of monitoring
Many businesses will not look into a problem unless they absolutely have to and by then it can be too late. This applies to IT and network products as well and because technology is always changing and advancing at a rapid pace, the network you’ve chosen must be able to accommodate these changes and keep up with your demands. Your old software may work fine but the chances are it’s slowing you down and you shouldn’t wait until it’s no longer compatible with your needs before you act because that can cost you time and money. Instead, replace your workstations and laptops every few years so that your hardware is up-to-date.
Improper switch design
Modern switches are what connect the different devices across a computer network and if they are installed correctly, they will be very helpful to your business which you’ll be able to run efficiently. Improperly designed switches will result in slow data flow and impact the speed of your network. Something as simple as an additional cable drop can help solve this problem and speed things up as can stacking the connectors so these cost-effective options are definitely something to consider.
Slow hard drives
Your hard drive is essentially your computer which is where all of your data, website browsers, operating system and preferences are saved and accessed. A slow hard drive makes it extremely difficult to access any of the information you require, which is a very big problem related to your network speed. Hard disc drives have more storage than other options, although you may have to deal with technical problems and they do take more energy and operate more slowly, so keep this in mind. An alternative option would be solid-state drives which are faster, lighter and more energy-efficient than hard disc drives although they are also more expensive so you’ll have to decide which option is best for you. If you’re experiencing slow network speeds, it may be worth the investment.
If you own a business, you are well aware that even a few minutes without the internet can affect your business significantly and cost you quite a bit. For this reason, you need an internet connection that you can rely on and choosing the right provider is incredibly important to the success of your company.
Nutec Electro Tel provides customers with everything from computers to telephone systems and with our company, you’ll never have to worry about speed because we make sure all of our services are fast and up-to-date. Whether you need smart home security, 2-way radios or computer parts, we have it all, so give us a call today and we will provide you with more information.
A vacation is something you wait for all-year-round and the last thing you want to do when the day finally arrives is to worry about your home; wondering whether you closed the upstairs window or the garage door is all too common.
The good news is these worries can go away with the use of smart home security, which will allow you to take care of things even when you’re away. Through your phone and alarm app, you can eliminate the following worries so they don’t ruin your vacation:
- Any concerns related to your home can get tossed out the door because smart home security will notify you if you forgot to lock your front door or didn’t close the garage and the best part is that you don’t have to rush home. You’ll also have the peace of mind knowing that a professional security company is monitoring your home, which is such a relief for travellers. Should your home become a target for burglars, your smart home security system will alert the professionals located at your service providers’ monitoring station so that they can notify the local police.
- Worrying about your pets will no longer be a concern because whenever you miss them or want to check in on them, the indoor security cameras will easily allow you to take a look. You will also be able to know exactly when your pet sitter enters your home because you can provide them with a temporary entry code that unlocks your front door and sends you an alert. Even if they were to lose the code, you would have the ability to unlock the door right from your phone.
- If a package you’ve been expecting arrives while you are away, you don’t have to worry about it being stolen or sitting on the doorstep, which would be an obvious sign that no one is home. With your smart home security app, you will be notified when your doorbell rings and you can open the camera setting which would allow you to have a quick conversation with the driver to let them know you’ll be unlocking your front door so they can leave the package inside. Once they do, you can lock your door and continue enjoying your vacation.
- Sensors in the alarm system can spot problems related to water and notify you if you need to call a plumber so that you don’t come home to a flood. It even has the ability to trigger a water shutoff or set your thermostat back and notify the right stations if your smoke detectors become activated.
Nutec Electro Tel can make all of your worries disappear through their smart home security, alarm and telephone systems. They will ensure you spend a lot more time having fun while travelling and a lot less time worrying, so give them a call today!
A survey in 2012 found that 60% of burglars skip a home if it has an automated home security system. Those who entered unawares fled as soon as they realized there was a home security device installed to alert the homeowners and authorities.
Sensors and smart devices work wonders to protect your home when you’re not around. If you have children with a nanny, ailing seniors or a sick pet at home, modern technology allows you to keep an eye on them when you are not around.
Electronic home security devices discreetly monitor activity patterns and alert you to emergencies, such as health issues or burglary, before they worsen so you can take action right away. The devices collect data about regular behavioural patterns over several days and weeks and is quick to pick up any change as soon as they sense it, thanks to advanced technology. For instance, if a senior in your home leaves the bed at a certain time and has their medication at a prescribed time, the security device will alert you in the event of an unexpected delay so you can rush in and check up on them.
The tools empower you with greater control when you are away, so you enjoy greater peace of mind. If your parents live independently, you can install the devices in their home so you can keep an eye on them remotely.
Cheaper than Surveillance Cameras
- Home security systems cost less than surveillance cameras, although they are integrated with more advanced technology.
- They protect your belongings and valuables. Burglars look for expensive jewellery, cash, electronics and drugs. In the event of a break-in, you are alerted at once so you prevent your home from being ransacked. If they cut the phone line, for instance, you will be instantly alerted.
- A home security system integrates seamlessly with other electronic home security devices, such as door locks, smart lights and smart thermostats.
- You can connect the security devices to your smartphone, tablet or computer that allows you to access your home remotely from virtually anywhere in the world. Whether you are on a business trip or cruise, your home will be protected 24/7.
- Some devices have motion sensors so you are notified of emergencies at once.
- Wireless home security systems ease things when you move into a new home because they are simpler to set up. It allows you to work through your smart home app so you can do without Wi-Fi.
- There are fewer chances of experiencing loss from fire, water damage or floods because you alerted instantly. This also means fewer insurance claims.
- You can keep an eye on school children who come home before you or keep an eye on your pet when you are out running errands.
- If someone rings the doorbell, you know who it is before opening the door.
- You can put up a display sign saying there are security cameras around the one you install them to keep burglars away.
Nutec Electro Tel: Custom Designed Smart Home Security Devices for Your Home and Business
Looking to install a smart home security system or upgrade to a new, more advanced one? Please contact us to arrange a no-obligation consultation.
Digital radio is the future of radio broadcasting. More and more people are upgrading from analog to digital two-way radios, not because they are new but because they are useful. Digital radios have far clearer reception than AM/FM. There is no static, background noise and the digital signal allows for more stations with similar bandwidth.
Advantages of Digital Radios
Advanced digital radios allow vibrant image displays on built-in screens and recording facilities. Whether you are listening to weather information, global news or albums, display images keep you engaged to the radio content for longer. If you miss your favourite program, your digital radio allows you to record and play it later or even pause and play if you are interrupted by a phone call. It has enhanced the listening experience and sound technology to the next level.
Quite like digital TVs, the biggest advantage with digital radios is that the reception is either perfectly clear or not at all. What you need to purchase is a digital radio receiver or DAB+ receivers (Digital Audio Broadcasting). You will find them at electronics retailers or online stores.
Why Some Companies Prefer Analog to Digital?
While many companies have moved to fully integrated digital radio systems, there are many businesses that have chosen to stick with analog radios since they function well for small scale operations.
Digital two-way radios are lesser understood or too advanced for some, so they shy away. Another primary reason is the expensive cost that makes them unaffordable for many. It’s simply cheaper to stick with the older analog model. It’s also challenging for others to upgrade to advanced models if they are digitally challenged.
Why Should You Upgrade to Digital?
There are four main reasons to upgrade to digital radio:
- Sound quality – The sound is sharper, less distorted, and eliminates background static. So even from a distance, the sound is sharp and clear.
- Higher security – They are more secure than analog radios. You can add encryption so your two-way conversations to avoid being overheard by a third party.
- Manage calls – You can call a single contact instead of always having to call a group, giving you more control.
- Text messaging facility – Yes, you heard right. Digital radios help you send and receive messages with text messaging tools so you have more options for better communication.
What you need to choose are digital radios that operate on the same frequency as your current radio. There are new models that can operate in analog mode. If both old and new models operate in the same mode, your investment goes further.
Garnish your new digital radio with compatible accessories. Those that don’t require batteries, for example, turn out more cost-effective in the long run because you save on battery expenses.
Nutec Electro Tel
Planning the transition? Call Nutec Electro Tel. We are technology with a human touch. Budget considerations are part of our philosophy. Our advanced, state-of-the-art digital radios are offered at competitive prices. Browse through our website to see what else we have to offer.