A survey in 2012 found that 60% of burglars skip a home if it has an automated home security system. Those who entered unawares fled as soon as they realized there was a home security device installed to alert the homeowners and authorities.
Sensors and smart devices work wonders to protect your home when you’re not around. If you have children with a nanny, ailing seniors or a sick pet at home, modern technology allows you to keep an eye on them when you are not around.
Electronic home security devices discreetly monitor activity patterns and alert you to emergencies, such as health issues or burglary, before they worsen so you can take action right away. The devices collect data about regular behavioural patterns over several days and weeks and is quick to pick up any change as soon as they sense it, thanks to advanced technology. For instance, if a senior in your home leaves the bed at a certain time and has their medication at a prescribed time, the security device will alert you in the event of an unexpected delay so you can rush in and check up on them.
The tools empower you with greater control when you are away, so you enjoy greater peace of mind. If your parents live independently, you can install the devices in their home so you can keep an eye on them remotely.
Cheaper than Surveillance Cameras
- Home security systems cost less than surveillance cameras, although they are integrated with more advanced technology.
- They protect your belongings and valuables. Burglars look for expensive jewellery, cash, electronics and drugs. In the event of a break-in, you are alerted at once so you prevent your home from being ransacked. If they cut the phone line, for instance, you will be instantly alerted.
- A home security system integrates seamlessly with other electronic home security devices, such as door locks, smart lights and smart thermostats.
- You can connect the security devices to your smartphone, tablet or computer that allows you to access your home remotely from virtually anywhere in the world. Whether you are on a business trip or cruise, your home will be protected 24/7.
- Some devices have motion sensors so you are notified of emergencies at once.
- Wireless home security systems ease things when you move into a new home because they are simpler to set up. It allows you to work through your smart home app so you can do without Wi-Fi.
- There are fewer chances of experiencing loss from a fire, water damage or floods because you alerted instantly. This also means fewer insurance claims.
- You can keep an eye on school children who come home before you or keep an eye on your pet when you are out running errands.
- If someone rings the doorbell, you know who it is before opening the door.
- You can put up a display sign saying there are security cameras around one you install them to keep burglars away.
Nutec Electro Tel: Custom Designed Smart Home Security Devices for Your Home and Business
Looking to install a smart home security system or upgrade to a new, more advanced one? Please contact us to arrange a no-obligation consultation.