Allison Boccamazzo of WebRTC World composed an interesting article entitledSix Key Benefits of WebRTC That You Need to Know. This was a panel subject of the ITEXPO 2014 which took place in August 2014 at The Rio in Las Vegas.
Here’s a summary of what she wrote:
Disruptive technologies are changing the face of real-time communications, especially including Web real-time communications, or WebRTC. Today’s ITEXPO panel, “The Economics of WebRTC,” presented by Doug Green, editor and publisher of “Telecom Reseller,” explored the potential of WebRTC and why thought leaders are looking at it to heighten business processes.
The panel opened the conversational floodgates by posing the question, “Is WebRTC the destroyer of worlds?” According to Green that is not case, which leads us to ask the question: If WebRTC is not necessarily destructive, can it be innovative? WebRTC provides ample value add for those businesses looking to build off of its potential, meaning there is certainly room for ingenuity. But its ability to be a creative lens is just one advantage of WebRTC. Green presented six other key competitive advantages of the technology:
- It’s free: “WebRTC is democratic,” said Green. “It is accessible and, even better, it’s not charging fees.”
- Platform and device independent: Green explained that, because it is a browser-based technology and platform and device independent, WebRTC is simple to use and relatively easy to program.
- Advanced voice and video quality: Video is one of the most exciting aspects of WebRTC as it grows and sophisticates, making the technology even more appealing. For example, think of customer service and agent-customer communications.
- Secure voice and video: At the same time, however, WebRTC also provides secure voice and video. It is in this way that you can really have the best of both worlds—security and incomparable quality.
- Adaptive to network conditions: Due to the flexible, browser-based nature of WebRTC, the technology is adaptive to a wide array of network conditions—a huge competitive advantage.
- Interoperability with VoIP and UC solutions: Last but certainly not least is that WebRTC is interoperable with VoIP and unified communications solutions, meaning it can be seamlessly integrated into virtually any company’s existing technology infrastructure.
Looking forward to WebRTC in 2016
WebRTC promises to continue being a very popular tool for business. The Real Time Web Solutions Conference coming up August 1 to 4, 2016 in New York City will include a significant focus on WebRTC along with a full range of capabilities and components to deliver a complete web communications solution.
With today’s economy, it is even more important for business to embrace WebRTC as part of their initiative to reduce costs and remain effective and competitive. Nutec Electro Tel is pleased to offer our clients the ability to communicate and collaborate securely – anywhere, anytime on their various devices and applications of choice. WebRTC may soon become an integral part of your overall telecommunications strategy.
Contact Nutec Electro Tel for details: