Toll fraud, also known as phreaking or phone hacking is a risk to businesses of any size with an estimated 85% considered to be vulnerable
In a previous article I shared the following toll fraud prevention tips:
1. Learn how toll fraud can occur. Talk to your telephone equipment provider and learn how they can help you. Engage your long distance service provider and implement appropriate prevention measures. If your business doesn’t require international calling, consider blocking international calls from being initiated from your system.
2. Limit access to your telephone system. Hackers may gain access to your telephone system and call long distance directly using your lines. Often this is accomplished through voice mail menus. They use system commands to obtain dial tone and place calls as if they originated from within your premises. Your system may still have factory default passwords. Simple passwords such as these enable fraud and make access easy to achieve.
Now available: Toll Fraud Defense
The NEC SV9100 Communications Solution now includes an expanded and diverse portfolio of InApps. As well as providing compelling business benefits, these built-in/on-board apps require no external PC or server making them highly cost effective and reliable. And using a browser interface, they provide 24/7 availability for your business. Be sure to consider including a toll fraud defense application with your next business telephone system.
– Effective 24/7 defense from Toll Fraud
– Low cost solution with no extra PC required
– Configurable to your specific business call activity
– Health-check feature to assess any weaknesses during installation
All call activity is monitored 24/7 and any suspicious call activity is detected instantly. This results in one of two automatic alerts: an ‘alert only’ email sent to designated recipients, or in more severe cases an ‘alert and block’ which prevents any further call activity instantly.
Get in touch with Nutec Electro Tel today toll-free at 1-800-898-3336 or email: email@example.com to schedule your no-obligation assessment and consultation.